Posted by: DEBBIE | 2011-04-03

I have been reading about fybrmyalgia after my GP said he suspects this. I have a lot of muscle aches especially in my arms, shoulders and neck. I was also told that I have costchondritis in my rib cartlidge many years ago and this is still painfull everyday. I definately fit the description of fybrofog and am very forgetful. I also have arthritis at 42, lots of headaches and fatigue, restless legs, runny sticky eyes and sometimes blurred vision. He send me for bloodtests for chronic fatigue syndrome which were negative, but was positive for glandular fever. I was told the results by his secretary and told that everything was fine. What now? How do I know if I have fybromyalgia? My GP seems to be disinterested, he gave me this fancy word and now I''m left hanging?

Both fibromyalgia and glandular fever can be the cause of your symptoms. I strongly suggest that you get a second opinion from another doctor.

Refer to the following links for a better understanding about these conditions:

1. Fibromyalgia:
2. Glandular Fever: