Question
Posted by: Nee | 2011/02/14

Fybroids

In April 2009, I was told that I have a 2cm fybroid. 3 months later I fell pregnant, and besides bleeding around the 10-11 week stage, went on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. At my check-up my gynae told me that the fybroid is still there, and still measures around 2cm. Is this something I should be concerned about? My sister also has them and says that there are many symptoms associated with it, e.g. headaches, irritability etc. Is this true, and what can be done to lessen the chances of having these?

2 cm is small. Fibroids do grow with time so you need to keep an eye on it, but there is no need to worry. The symptoms you mention are not related to fibroids. They can cause heavy periods or pain.

2
Posted by: Des | 2011/02/16

i have them and guess what? they''ve blocked my tubes. but the gynea says most women get them at some point during their periods, and goes away after. They are harmless unless it causes discomfort or pain or in my case blocks your tubes. so relax, don''t worry much.

Reply to Des