Posted by: Suzie | 2009-05-06

Fuzzy head

Hello Doc - the past few months I' ve been feeling very funny. At times it seems as if I get totally disorientated and can' t think. It is as if my mind goes completely blank, for as long as a few minutes. This is troubling - once I almost skipped a red light while I was in this state. It has also happened lately that I almost passed out when I accidentally hurt myself and saw my own blood. This has never happened before. Is there some logical explanation?

Dear Suzie
You could be getting a type of epilepsy (temporal lobe epilepsy) or your blood pressure may be low ( orthostatic hypotension). Ask your doctor to have a look. Also keep notes of when this happens, how long it persists, and exactly what symptoms you have when you get this. You may need to get an EEG or see a neurologist