Posted by: Anonymous11 | 2009-05-04

Future Mother in law

Hi All

Been with my fiance for 2 years now, i get on very well with his parents but from time to time, she stops talking to me and ignores me totally. When her grand kids are around im non exitant, and every now and then she has a chirp.

Any advice.Im on the verge of leaving my fiance cause i cant handle it anymore...

Surely you need to discuss this calmly with your fiancee. Maybe she's like this with many people, especally when the grandkids are around. And when you say this is "from time to time", that implies that she is more pleasant to you at other times. What might make the difference on the occasions when she's more distant ? IS this atually about you, or does she have mood swings ? Its your fiance who must work with you to find a solution here

Most of us have future mother inlaw problems, I did, well she is still future mother inlaw, she hated the fact I stuck around and was not her preferred ' colour" , a not planned pregnancy later and she loves her grandson to bits and we ' get along' . I am still very cautious when it comes to her. Some of us are fotunate to see it before we get married others are not. It sort of prepares us for anything future problems I think, and gives us the strength to handle it. If you love your boyfriend, and he is worth it, stick around, you just playing into her games by leaving.
No one would like to go through these things but unfortunately such is life. The relationship between you and your boyfriend need to be solid to be able to handle things like this.
My boyfriend stood up for me from the very first incident.

Posted by: Anonymous11 | 2009-05-04

I Wish i could ignore it, but for some reason it hurts so much. and im starting to take it out on my fiance which i know is not right

Reply to Anonymous11
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-05-04

Umm ignore her too...
That' s like totally rude and I' m sure she is fully aware of it.
Don' t let it bother you at all and just stay out of her way is what I would do.Maybe she does not like you all that much and would prefer her son with someone else and so, what she is doing is working because it' s causing trouble between the two of you.
You going to be getting married to him not his mom although she will alway s be there.
Really try and not let it bother you and not pay much attention to her.

Reply to Kelly