Question
Posted by: Going back on the pill | 2012-01-15

Fustrated

I have been off the pill for 4 years whilst trying to conceive. I have now started taking it again because I have very painful periods and we have been unsuccessful in our attempts to fall pregnant anyway. Today was my first pill and I am on day 3 of my period.

If I go back on the pill for 3-6 months, how long will it take to get out of my system? I am 35 and we are desperate to fall pregnant but I am so tired of the pain and all the disappointment so I felt I may as well take a time out from trying and hopefull stop worrying about it.

Do you think this is a good idea?

The Pill is out of your system very quickly. However, if you are struggling to conceive, you are not getting younger and you might want to see a gynaecologist to find out what the problem is and what can be done to help you.

2
Posted by: Fustrated | 2012-01-16

Hi - I had a laproscope for endometriosis at the beginning of 2009 - both of us have had check ups and there is no medical reason why we can''t conceive - I am just getting so incredibly despondent that I have basically now given up as I cannot handle the painful periods and disappointment any more.

Reply to Fustrated
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-01-16