Question
Posted by: sue | 2010/07/05

further to last weeks post on Livifem and High BP

Hi Doc,

Last week you replied to my pot on Livifem and High BP. After my Gp took blood tests because I was having chronic night sweats (and day sweats) and feeling awful, I thn went to my Gynae, and the results of the bloods showed my estrogen levels were non existant. My gynae put me on Livifem, although I kept telling him I have regular 28 day cycle periods. (I''m 40).
My blood pressure has gone up (from normal previouly to 168/80, sometimes 155/80). Being a migraine sufferer previously, I am now getting miraines at least twice a week, and headaches every day.
I dont know which was worse, the feeling bad and day and night sweats, or liing with the migraines and high blood pressure.
What should I do? Am I in menopause, or is the lack of estroen from something else? I know if you have low estrogen you shouldn''t have periods, bu my bloods said estrogen levels were less than 44, but my periods are as regular as clock work and very heavy.
Many thanks

Hi Sue
Discuss with your GP - I would have repeated the blood tests, and also asked them to do FSH and LH and Prolactin levels. Female hormones are not the same levels all the time, it fluctuates during the month. When you do the blood test they should take into consideration what date last you started your menstruation.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/05

Hi Sue