Question
Posted by: Mphoza | 2011/06/20

Funny taste in mouth

Ok... me again. How long does the funny taste in mouth lasts? I am 12 weeks pregnat and really have this funny taste in mouth especially after eating anything with sugar, yoghurt, biscuits, etc. Please help.I need something to take that away, with the nausea, it sure makes things worse :-(
Or is there anything else that I can eat to get rid of all that???

Dear Mphoza
Good to hear that you are now 12 weeks pregnant. If you are experiencing a strange taste in your mouth after eating certain foods, then I would recommend that you discuss this phenomenon with the medical dr or gynae who is overseeing your pregnancy because it can be due to a variety of underlying factors (hormonal changes, liver problems, nutrient deficiencies, etc). Once we have a diagnosis, I can help you with dietary advice if the cause is diet-related.
So please see your dr ASAP

2

Dear Mphoza
So please see your dr ASAP

Posted by: Mpho | 2011/06/20

Seeing that you are already 3 months (12 weeks), it will probably go away after 6 months or after giving birth. I had the same problem for six months.
Wait for the experts reply maybe there is a solution afterall!!

Reply to Mpho