Posted by: Phira | 2010-02-04

Funny sound in my ear

I have this funny drizzz sound in my right ear, i can here with it, but i think its only affecting my brain functioning, coz i now take more than 5 mins to read and understand a sentence and if someone is talking too much the sound gets worse and i loose concentration. Please I really need yo advice!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Phira

You are most likely complaining of a condition called tinnitus. That implies the sensation of sound without an external stimulus. This may be associated with hearing loss, but not always. You need an ENT opinion and examination, that will most likely include an Audiogram (hearing test). In the interim, you should avoid complete silence, loud noise, and excessive stimulants.