Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/06/24

Funny periods

Hi there, the last couple of months I have noticed a change in my period, I am 43 and have never had children, from since I can remember, age 12, my periods have always been as regular as clock work, recently, the few months or so I find it is either late or early, it then stops and starts again with very little blood and pinkish, not enough to wear a tampon, for maybe two days and again it stops. I have also been going through a very very stressful time, my mom is not well and has been given 6mths to live, on returning to SA a small period started again but for two days only, very light and pinkish.

Could I be starting menopause, is this stress related or should I be concerned and see my GP?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

It could very well be stress related.. If it continues see your GP. All the best with your mom