Question
Posted by: SR | 2010-11-04

funny headache

Hi.

I am a 26 yr old woman. I have tend to have what feels like migraines (throbbing, unilateral head pain, neck pain, cant move around, cant speak) - about twice a month in recent months. I think it might be genetic. What concerns me though is that when i have this headache, a small area on the right side of the bridge of my nose seems to " beat"  or throb. You cant actually see it, but if you touch below the inner corner of my ear, near the bridge of my nose, there is a distinct throb. I had a bad migraine 3 weeks ago - thats when i first noticed this - and it hasnt gone away completely since then. Its very weird i think. I also have what seems to be sinus infection for the past couple of weeks (havent seen a doctor) - Sneezing, blood in nasal mucous, facial pain... I dont know if the sinus infection has anything to do with this. I also think i am coming down with an ear infection. What do you think i should do?

Hallo SR
It sounds as if you need antibiotics for the sinus infection. It also sounds as if you are getting a kind of migraine type headache, but what worries me is the comment about "can't move around, can't speak" as this is not usually common symptoms of migraine and you may need to see a neurologist for a examination to see if a MR scan of the brain is needed.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-04

Hallo SR