Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010-10-14

Fungus, immune problem?

I developed sensitivity on pad of index finger. This developed into pin size festering and then into what looked like a fungus. I treated it with T Tree oil. Now the same thing is happening on my other index finger. Is a fungus a systemic problem (immune system?). How will I know if this is a fungus and not a parasite?

Hallo Linda
Sometimes you won't know and a dermatologist may need to take a sample to send to the lab for a diagnosis. Fungal infections can be systemic, but then you would usually get it in your lungs or sinuses. What you have could also be a dermatitis with secondary bacterial infection. Maybe your doctor should rather have a look at the area?
dR Bets

3
Posted by: Johnettaduzank | 2011-03-10

Reply to Johnettaduzank
Posted by: Theresa | 2010-10-15

Hallo Doc

ek is gediagnoseer met sarkoidosis en het operasie gehad. ek is op prednisone vanaf 2 Junie 2010. ek is baie geswel in my gesig en het baie gewig aangesit. wat kan ek gebruik om gewig te verloor. ek moet die pille gebruik tot einde November. Met die longfunksie toets was die uitslae my longe funksioneer soos die van `n 73 jarige s`n ek is 43. ek is baie kortasem en bly moeg.

baie dankie

Reply to Theresa
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-14

Hallo Linda
dR Bets