Question
Posted by: MADIDA | 2009/03/23

FUNGAL INFECTION

MY UDERARM PRODUCES A FOUL SMELL(OVERWHELMING), I HAVE TRIED UNTIFUNGAL CREAMS IN THE PAST WITH NO SUCCES. THIS SMELL IS SO STRONG IT EVEN ATRACTS FLIES. WHAT KIND OF SKIN TESTCAN I UNDERGO TO CHECK THE KIND OF FUNGI ON MY SKIN?. I CONSIDER MYSELF A HEALTHY PERSON , HAVING DONE BLOOD TESTS WHICH CAME BACK NEGATIVE. PLEASE HELP BY ADVICE. THIS THING IS DESTROYING MY SOCIAL LIFE.

Dear Madida
You may have a bacterial infection. Try using antiseptic soap like Hibiscrub to wash with, and use a topical antibiotic like Eryderm lotion on the area for 2 weeks. If this does not help ask your doctor to take a swab of the area and to send it to the lab for microscopy and culture to see what kind of bacteria this is?