Question

Full blood count

Dear Doc

I had a FBC done about 5 weeks ago because I was feeling very ill. At the time my white blood count was raised - but my doc felt it was because I was on cortisone. I am still feeling ill. Would it be too soon to ask for a repeat of the blood test?

Dear Anon
No a follow up FBC may be a good idea. Also ask him to do CRP to check for underlying infection?

2
Posted by: anxious | 2009/11/25

What are your symptoms? You can have another FBC without any problem. These are very helpful to doctors as they do very detailed tests and seeing that you are feeling no better, it seems that something is not right somewhere and this test would (I would have thought) pick up any problems you might have. Go back to your doc.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/25

Dear Anon

Reply to cyberdoc