Question
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012-06-05

FSH 13

Hi there Doctor,

I am 34 and went for a FSH test on day ONE of my cycle. The results came back as 13.

Should I be concerned?

Dear Bee Sting

In the light of your age this FSH level is certainly higher than i would have expect and maybe an indication of decreased or diminished ovarian reserve. I would strongly recommend that you repeat this test with your next cycle and at the same time have an AMH level done as well.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Erin | 2012-06-15

Hi there!

I was 32 when I was diagnosed with an FSH of 13. I was given a 20% chance with IVF. I was scheduled for IVF and ended up conceiving on my own the month before we were due to start. I thought he was a miracle child and I ended up pregnant again when my first was 6 months! OOPS! Such a blessing, but a roller coaster! Hang in there and don''t give up hope!

Erin

Reply to Erin
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012-06-09

Dear Bee Sting

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012-06-08

AMH: 0.55 ng/ml
LH: 13.1
Prolactin: 16
TSH: (Beckman) 3.18
T4: 8

What are my chances of conceiving naturally and with IVF? Do you recommend donor eggs?

Thank you.

Reply to Bee Sting