Posted by: Lisa | 2011-08-25

Frustrated mom

Im a single mother to a soon to be 3yrs old boy. He doesnt go to creche yet.He has friends around the complex where we stay that he plays with. I''''ve been receiving reports from the nanny that my son hits other kids and the other parents are complaining. I have tried talking to him but he becomes defensive "  he pushed me"  or "  he didnt want to give me this and that"  . I''''ve sat down with him and told him to tell the nanny when they do that to him but he doesnt seem to understand.

This is frustrating me, i feel like an inadequate mother. I dont hit him,i dont shout at him or anyone in his presence.

What is that im doing wrong?? How can i deal with this? How do i talk to him so that he can see that he is wrong?

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Hi Lisa
Your son should have started going to creche at the age of eighteen months if not earlier. He is missing out on critical social skills development which is becoming apparent in how he interacts with other children. It does not matter if he wants to go or not, you are his mother and therefore should know what is best for him. For his sake and for the sake of a trouble free transition into school find a creche and get him there as soon as possible.