Question
Posted by: thandi | 2009/10/28

Frustrated Bride to be

I am just about to get married in December the only problem I have is that my husband does not want me to say anything when his kids have done wrong we stay with 2 girls from another marriage the mother is still alive and the other girl does not like me, whenever the daughter has done wrong I report to the father he will say I have issues or dislike the daughter or I have problems myself, I have decided in order to keep peace in the house I should ignore the daughters, go away when the father is not there because there will obvious be something. I told the father that I will never ever in my life again look at any wrong his daughters are doing I will just look at them for keeping peace I have decided on this because I can see even his family is against me, please assist what should I do.

Sort this out before any weding, as the problem will only get worse if not solved now. Urgent pre-marital couples counselling ! Maybe he feels guilty about divorcing the kids mom, and is spoiling them out of guilt - but that's bad for them, him and you as well.
It is HIS unresolved problems that leads to him spoling the child, not yours. If he won't resolve these issues, postpone the marriage. There's no point in getting married if you are to be a fugitive in your own home, a refugee from some demanding and undisciplined kids

2
Posted by: happy ever after | 2009/10/28

been there , done that and got the t-shirt,, I was forced to make a decision before it was to late,, they where 11 and 12 , and daddy' s little darlings. nothing they did was wrong, doc is right , he feels quilty but not doing any one favours, today I am happy in a relationship where all the kids are treated equal with rules and regulations and we are doing so well, getting married next year,

dont get married, disaster is waiting for you..
good luck and this time think of your needs first.

Reply to happy ever after