Posted by: Notty | 2009-09-08

Frustrated and Confused

i have a problem and really wish to be helped. Im a single woman aged 35. i tend to loose all my boyfriends because they say i like picking up fights. i dont physically fight but i get irritated e.g when i fone and the person does not answer the phone OR if i ask for sumthing and i get promised when its not done i get very angry.

What am i suffering from and how can i get help?

I can't make a diagnopsis at this distance, but it sounds as though you would benefit from seeing a local shrink for a proper personal asesment, and advice, and counselling on issues like realistic expectations from others, and dealing with one's feelings of irritation, could be beneficial, too

Posted by: Notty | 2009-09-08

Thanx a lot guys for your inputs.

Reply to Notty
Posted by: BI | 2009-09-08

I have the same problem. It seems I' m always fighting. It just feels like men let me down and I am more capable of sorting myself out. But we do need relationships.
I am alienating my BF because I fight with him all the time. I have high expectations. And I feel I deserve the best and I will not back down if I feel I am being used or being taken for second-best. I do not allow that but then I fight and my BF gets all tired and eventually just backs off.
It isn' t fair that he cannot live up to my expectations because they are HIGH. And it' s not just him, I do have a tendency to make some men feel obsolete. I' m just very capable and independant.
Maybe we should give them allowances for being unable to fulfill our expectations like we can. Just chill and realise that they' re not going to change and accept this fact of life. They cannot do it. Deal with it, and maybe we should' nt have ANY expectations of them and that way they won' t be able to disappoint us. That' s a great idea!

Reply to BI