Question
Posted by: Nontshantshambo | 2010/04/22

Frustrated

I am married for 4 months now and staying with my 2 stepdaughters and hubby. we dont get very well with the other daughter and we have decided to buy another house as the house we are staying in is very small.

I want to tell my hubby that if we move we will be starting a new life the two of us without his daughters as I am now sick and tied of the life I am experiencing now. Every weekend their aunt take them and not for fun but just to know every single thing we do, and they told the aunt that I am not the right mother for them, so how do I stay with children like that. Whenever we dont have milk or anything in the house they will go to next do and ask, and when I ask they will tell me we were hungry.

Please advice. And how do I tell my husband politely.

You need to discuss all this and all your concerns frankly with your husband - it sounds as though maybe both of you agreed to the present arrangement without realizing the problems it might stir up. Its not a quesion of politeness, but avoiding confrontation and anger, just talking sincerely and calmly a bout how this situation upsets you, and how you could, together, improve the situation. The issus you describe would not be solved by a bigger house

1