Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2009-06-30

Frustrated

My son of 2½  years wakes up in the morning with a huge smile on his face but this instantly turnes into something that really frustrates me. I know this sound bad to say but it does, after waking up he start crying and nothing I do can get him to stop. I have tried everything, being friendly happy to punishing him. Even asking him what wrong doesn' t help, he just keep on crying and results of asking him what' s wrong usually makes him scream......Any advice what can I do?

Well, you've discovered that punishment is a really lousy and ineffective way to stop a child crying. Distraction uually works reasonably well. Stop trying to stop him. Simply concentrate on the rest of the morniong's routimns, and tell him pleasantly that you're sorry if he feels unhappy, but when he stops crying, you'll be getting his breakfast ready, and you look forward to seeing him then.
Any readers have any other techniques ?

1
Posted by: Leez | 2009-06-30

A tantrum' s success thrives on attention. Very good advice from CS...

Reply to Leez