Question
Posted by: Mirena | 2008/09/29

Frustrated

I had my Mirena put in at the beginning of this month. I HAVE NOT STOPPED BLEEDING SINCE!!!!!

The bleeding is not heavy...very light. But it' s REALLY getting SO frustrating! I know that one of the common side effects of the Mirena is irrgular bleeding, and I' ve been very patient considering this. But I can' t take this bleeding anymore! My hubby is also getting frustrated, and so am I. We haven' t been able to do it for a month now, and we' re a newly married couple!

How much longer is this period going to go on for?

Unfortunataly, in some women, this goes on for several months. There is no reason not to have intercourse while you are having light bleeding.