Question
Posted by: frustrated | 2008/07/25

frustrated

I am very frustrated, I am trying to lose weight and I have been eating smaller portions and drinking lots of water for the past month and I have lost some weight cause my clothes are getting loser but i went to thescale this morning and it told me that I have gained almost 10kg, cause the last time I weigh about 93Kg, so how is that posiible, I know I have lost some weight but why is the scale telling me something else.

Dear Frustrated
Are you sure that your scale works properly and that you have zeroed it correctly? I also find it strange that you are weighing more when your dimensions are shrinking as seen from your looser clothes. I can only suggest that you weigh yourself on another scale (sometimes the pharmacies have scales you can use) and write down all your dimensions (bust, hips, thighs, waist) etc and measure them once a week to monitor cm loss. It is possible that you are suffering from water retention caused by physical conditions (e.g. hormone imbalances, kidney problems, etc) or an electrolyte imbalance caused by drinking too much water. Don't have more than 2,5 litres of liquid a day (this includes everything you drink) and let's see if the condition stabilises. If you continue to gain weight like this instead of losing then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see it there is something wrong.
I do hope that you will be able to sort out this mystery.

2
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/07/26

You can gain lean muscle and lose centimetres instead of weight lose reflecting on scale.

Reply to Kasandra

Your scale never lies.