Question
Posted by: DITEBOGOTSARONA | 2011/11/10

FRUITS AND VEGES WHICH MAKE ME HUNGRY

Hi, I am 28 yrs old and my blood group is O+. I weigh 90kg and 1.59 tall, when I eat and drink food like appels, cucumber, rooibos and tea, they make me so hungry that I will want to eat a full meal and I will eat frequently. I do want to lose the weight but I keep on gaining the weight that I lose.

Dear Ditebogotsarona
Your present BMI = 35,6 which is in the obese range, so it would be excellent if you could lose some weight. To return to the normal range with a BMI of 25, you would need to weigh 63 kg, thus a loss of 27 kg which is a great deal of weight to lose. If you struggle to lose weight and to stick to a low-energy diet, then I would recommend that you firstly consult a registered dietitian, so that she/he can evaluate your present food intake and problems with weightloss diets. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian may recommend a low-fat, low glycaemic index (GI) diet for you that will keep you from getting hungry all the time. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Once you start losing weight and become more mobile, it is also important to include at least 30 min of aerobic exercise (brisk walking, swimming, cycling or skipping) in your regimen.
I do hope you will be able to start losing weight with a low-fat, low-GI diet.

1

Dear Ditebogotsarona