Question
Posted by: Adi | 2010-06-08

Fruit Salad - supper

Hi there doc,
I do watch my weight an keep it stable with a variance of maybe 1kg up or down, but also read that it is good to swop lunch and supper. It gives your main meal a longer time to digest before bedtime. Will this help with passing stools easier? I can sometimes struggle with bowlmovement (eg, constipation) - I have allbran flakes with some raisens for breakfast and around 10h00 a fruit.
I would like to swop my lunch and supper if this will help with my bowlmovements, I normally have a fruit salad with plain no fat yogurt for lunch and a piece of proteien with veggies or pasta or mixed salad for supper. (I do drink +- 1.5LT water without other liquid per day) THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPAY AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU....

Dear Adi
It is a good idea to have your main meal at lunchtime, because this helps with weight control if you are active during the afternoon, instead of going to bed soon after a large meals. If this will assist with the constipation is not certain. Eating a large meal at lunchtime may change the time when you pass a stool, but it will not necessarily make you less constipated. The factors that influence bowel movements are eating a high-fibre diet and using probiotics (good microorganisms). Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine" and read the articles under 'Healthy colon', for ideas on how to stay regular.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-06-08

Dear Adi