Question
Posted by: Party provider | 2009-12-09

Fruit mince pies

Dear Doc

I' m making a list of healthy Christmas snacks I can prepare, but I couldn' t find the calorie content of fruit mince pies.

Kindly provide the info if you can...

Dear Party Provider
This is indeed an interesting question! The present SA Food Tables do not list the nutritive value of mince pies made with minced dried fruit, so I cannot give you an accurate value. However, they do list the energy value of homemade dried fruit fridge cake as 392 kcal or 1644 kJ per 100 g, so if you weigh a typical fruit mince pie you can calculat the energy content and obtain an estimate. Keep in mind that dried fruit is high in energy and that the pastry will also contribute kcals! A quick surf on the Internet produced values ranging from about 210 kcal per mince pie to 234 kcal per mince pie for the UK Tesco deep-filled mince pies!
Enjoy

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-12-09

Dear Party Provider
Enjoy