Posted by: Irene | 2010-06-08

Fruit Alergy?

My boyfriend loves fruit but when he eats some of them he gets a really itchy throat and sore ears. He can eat fruits like bananas, litchis and tomatoes, but things like apples, nectarines, and other fruit that you eat the skin to really effect him. Even if you peel the fruit it still does the same and it really is uncmfortable.

I dont know what it is and he refuses to go to get it checked, so i wanted to find out if this is common, is it anything to be worried about, is there anything he can take for it and what is it?

Thank You in advance!

Expert ImageNatural health

some people do have "sensitivities" to certain foods and the itchiness is a reaction of the body realising histamine to try and dilute the allergen. You can try him on ultraclear sustain (it heals the gut to decrease sensitivity) and Natura makes a remedy Fruit allergen to desensitise the immune system.

Some people do get more sensitive as they age. Consider a therapy autosanguis treatment : this is a homeopathic treatment that involves desensitising your immune system.

Dr Debbie