Question
Posted by: Irene | 2010-06-08

Fruit Alergy?

My boyfriend loves fruit but when he eats some of them he gets a really itchy throat and sore ears. He can eat fruits like bananas, litchis and tomatoes, but things like apples, nectarines, and other fruit that you eat the skin to really effect him. Even if you peel the fruit it still does the same and it really is uncmfortable.

I dont know what it is and he refuses to go to get it checked, so i wanted to find out if this is common, is it anything to be worried about, is there anything he can take for it and what is it?

Thank You in advance!
Irene

Dear Irene
One can have allergies for certain fruits - mostly citrus. See if it helps it he takes Allergex for the symtoms. He may need to try and determine exactly which fruits cause symptoms and avoid these
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-08

Dear Irene
dr Bets