I eat 5/6 small fruits a day, can this cause bloating or stomach pains? I do suffer from IBS too.

Dear Reader
The problem with IBS is that foods that could cause one patient pain and discomfort will not affect the next patient and vice versa. I would recommend that you cut out all fruit for a week to see if this improves your bloating and pain. If your symptoms don't change then you know that it is not the fruit that is the problem. If your symptoms improve dramatically then one or all the fruits may trigger your reactions. Start adding one fruit at a time for 1 week to see if you react or not. Continue until you have tested all the fruits you suspect of causing problems. In some cases, the fructose (fruit sugar) causes fermentation in the colon and this can cause bloating and pain.

Thanks Doc. What can i snack on in between meals instead of fruit in the mean time?