Posted by: M | 2009-04-07

Frozen Veggies

Thanks for all the good work.I love your column to bits.

Just wanted to know.Frozen veggies are they healthy for eg macains has a wide varitey of carrots,corns and veg for stirfry.When veggies are frozen do they lose their nutritional value.Some of the veg are seasonal so i can' t get them all the time,so my next resort is frozen veg.Would love to know your thoughts.

Take Care

Dear M
You Readers are really making me feel so good in the past few days. Thank you very much for your kind words. All cooking processes can potentially reduce the vitamin and mineral content of fruits and vegies. However, if these foods are picked fresh, frozen rapidly and stored properly until they are cooked (in a minimum of water for a short period), then the chances are good that they will contain just as many nutrients as fresh vegies that have not been well looked after.