Question
Posted by: aNNa | 2008/08/12

frozen shoulder

I often suffer from what has been termed ' frozen shoulder'  and end up having to spend a lot on lengthy physio - are there excercises I can do to prevent this from happening? Thank you

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear ANNa

The fact that you say that you "often" suffer from "frozen shoulder" makes the diagnosis somewhat suspect. Mostly a person would suffer from a frozen shoulder once and never again . The term "frozen shoulder" is often used vaguely for any shoulder pain - my advice is that you really make sure if that is really the problem you are suffering from. It seems that you are suffering from intermiitent pain in your shoulder and the best would be to have the diagnosis checked by a shoulder specialist, have X-rays taken and have a "solid" diagnosis made. Only after verifying the cause of your pain can appropriate treament and prevention be prescribed

Look at our website : www.shoulderinstitute.co.za and specifically at "Frozen Shouler" and "Shoulder Pain" for more information

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Annett | 2008/11/02

Mine is worst the morning as is it the shhouder I sleep on?

Reply to Annett