Posted by: Hopefull | 2012-11-05

Frozen Pelvis

Dr Doc

I have been told by my endo specialist that I have a frozen pelvis due to severe endometriosis and have also lost my left fallopian tube due to the desease. He basically told me that my only option at conceiving would be through IVF as trying naturally would be useless as my ovaries are badly damaged too. Could you please advise me on whether this is true and what other options I have. I have been actively TTC for 5 years now and never had a pregnancy.

Dear hopefull
This is certainly the best advice and in my experience invitro fertilisation provides you with the best option of fertilisation. However if the uterus is totally immobile which in the case of a frozen pelvis is often the case then even with invitro fertilisation , your percentage success may be significantly reduced. This information can be obtained at your next check up with your fertility specialist.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim