Question
Posted by: Micheala | 2010/11/08

Frozen Embryos

I still have a few frozen embryos that I am considering using. I have pcos, what is the success rate.

I fell pregnant with my first IVF in 2009 but had a miscarriage, what is my chances?

Dear Micheala

If you have PCOS and you have a high insulin level it may be wise for you to start on Glucophage. There are many reports with the use of Glucophage in reducing the risk of miscarriage in patients with PCOS. The chances of falling pregnant using frozen embryos are usually lower than those cycles using fresh embryos. On average the success depends on the quality of the embryos and the number of embryos transferred, one should expect a success rate of a frozen embryo cycle to be around 20-25%.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/11/16

Dear Micheala

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert