Posted by: SM | 2009-04-28

Frown Lines on Forehead

I am a 31 year old male and the frown lines on my forehead is increasing by the day! I am a person that " talks"  with my fore head a lot. I do not want to use Botox at this stage. What else can you recommend? People say I always look in a bad mood.
Thanks for a great forum!!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi SM, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

For deep frown lines the best option is to use a combination of Botox and a dermal filler. If you do not want to consider Botox at this time then your next best option would be to use the dermal filler as a single treatment, but this area should only be injected by advanced medical practitioners who are experienced with filler injections into the frown lines. The frown area is highly vascular and one runs the risk of avascular necrosis (occlusion of an end artery with resultant permanent skin damage) and the best approach would be to inject small amounts over a period of time.