Question
Posted by: Mercy | 2009/10/23

From Relationship to friends?? Possible??or not??

I think something is wrong with me, inconnection with relationships. Ever since my divorce 14 years ago I could never find a meaningfull relationship ever again. I just cannot take any nonsence and have morals and values, and if someone betrays me on that, then I tend to brake off and run as fast as I can. I am have currently broken off with a boyfriend of a year because of serious nonsence that I feel I can live without, but now he keeps on bothering me. Asking if we can only be friends etc etc. He indeed is a pushy friend now, and I really just want to cut clean and never see him again, cause I am sick of wasting my time on men and situtations that never change. If I tell him that, he gets meek and mild and tells me that he hasnt got many friends, and that he needs me in his life, even if we are only friends. I feel a person can go from friend to relationship, but not visa versa. How do you think should I treat this mess? Should I just change my tel no?

Relationships are not easy, and there's defnitely nothing wrong with someone who sticks to their morals and values and accepts no nonsense within relationships.
I suppose some people can move back to being "just friends" after having had a closer relationship, but this is difficult to achieve and doesn't seem to be managed often.
Depending on what the "nonsense" was, you presumably had excellent reasons for deciding to end the relationship. He seems to be demonstrating selfishness in being currently concerned only with what HE wants right now, rather than thinking about how you feel and what you want.
Look after your own needs, and let him look ater his.

1