Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2010/05/25

From Mercilon to Yasmin due to cysts

Dear Doc,

I am 33 years old with two children (7 &  3). I went for my yearly check-up. My Gynae found a whole lot of cysts on my left ovary. I asked if this was serious and he said the pill sorts this out. I am on Mercilon for a while now, so why hasn''t this sorted out the cysts?He changed me over to Yasmin saying it should sort it out but didn''t say I must go for another check-up. Should I be worried? How long before I know that they are gone? Also Mercilon used to work fine for me in my twenties before my children, now I keep getting repeated infections and feel very " high &  low" .

Thanks for your advise.

Jenny

Yasmin is a higher does pill. I am not sure whether you have a lot of cysts as in PCOS or just normal cysts. You should check this with your doctor. A 6 month check-up would be okay unless you have symptoms. See if the infections and mood swings are better with the Yasmin.

1