Question
Posted by: KERSHAL | 2008/08/18

FROM FERTOMID TO GLUCOPHAGE

I M TTC- OFF D PILL FROM AUG 2007, TAKEN FERTOMID FOR 6 CYCLES NO LUCK, I HAVE NOW CHANGED MY DOC, HE SAYS MYTHAT I M 97 KGS AND THAT MY INSULIN IS 24 , &  THAT I NEED GLUCOPHAGE , 2 TABLETS A DAY FOR NEXT 3MONTHS. HE WIL DIRECT ME IF IN D FUTURE I NEED 2 TAKE FERTOMID AGAIN. AM I ON THE RITE PATH, COS I REALLY WANT A 2ND CHILD.? I HAV STARTED AN EXERCISE PROGRAM AND A DIET.

Dear Keshal

The advice that you have been given is certainly correct and I would suggest that you continue on this path. Weight reduction and glucophage treatment in the correct situation will by itself enhance ovulation and pregnancy rates. Weight reduction cannot be easily achieved then the addition of ovulation induction agents may be necessary.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim