Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010/05/17

Friendships

Recently I had a fling with a guy younger than me, we had an agreement as to the terms of the fling, and then suddenly he called it quits. The terms of our fling was set out that if either of us find someone else then what happens between us stops. This was not the case, as much as the intimacy has stopped he and I are still very good friends. We are together every single day, and it really is comfortable. No stress. My friends are not happy with my friendship with him because they say that we shouldnt still be friends. They say that he is blocking me from being with another man, but right now I am not in a space to have a boyfriend as I am focused on my work. Are my friends right, should I cut our friendship completely.

Sexual acts are a form of behaviour, and you can stop doing it. Friendship andaffection is more complex, and can't be so easily switched off, whatever the agreement. I don't see why your friends are interfering, as it sounds as though your current relationship suits you and him.

1