Posted by: Emma | 2009-08-07

Welcome back CS,

I have just heard that my friend of 28 years went to court to get a divorce. I am saddened because she did not even bother tell me personally, she sent me an SMS!!

I wish I knew where I go wrong with friendships, they never seem to last. I am always the one making contact and seldom hear from any of them. I always feel let down and now the friend whom I have trusted and confided in for so long is also treating me as an after thought. Now I really know I have no friends left, no one I can trust, no one has time for me, I am so very sad.

Exhausted from the busy conference and all that talking, but it was real useful. Nowadsys, people seem to almos getr divorced by SMS. Maybe she didn't discuss this with you for hear that you might talk her out of it ? Maybe she felt so sure of what she needed to do, as to not see it as needing to be discussed ?
Don't assume that you have "gone wrong" in this or any other such occurrence. That is always a possibility, but rarely a certainty. This was a friend you chose to confide in, in the past --- that doesn't necessarily oblige her to confide in you. Discuss this calmly with her, asking sympathetically about how she fels and how she's managing, and mention that you felt rather hurt that she never chose to discuss this with you, feeling AS THOUGH she might not trust you, and asking her how she felt about it

Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009-08-08

Very often, things are not about you. They' re about the other person.

Reply to Kay in Gtown
Posted by: hope | 2009-08-07

God has time for you, and you can trust Him.

Reply to hope