Question
Posted by: Shells | 2008/10/17

Friendship in trouble

I understand that my post is going to sound trivial - like high school politics but I have to get this out.

About 2 years ago a good friend of mine told me something in confidence and it slipped out in general conversation - it really wasnt on purpose - I am not that type of person. It got back to my friend that I had let it slip and we had a huge fight.
The person who told her was someone we both thought was a mutual friend and she piled outrageous lies on top of even more outrageous lies and we both caught her out and decided we would not be friends with her anymore.

I apologised profusely to my friend saying that I did not do it on purpose - I wasnt thinking when I said what I said but I cannot take it back now. She said she forgives me but its clear that she hasnt

Our friendship went from close friends who saw each other daily to a friendship where we see each other once a year even though we live less that 10 minutes away from each other. I eventually go fed up with never seeing her and her always turning down invitations to do things with my fiance and I so I called her and asked her why and she said it was because of what happened 2 years ago.

I understand that I betrayed her confidence but I honestly did not blatantly go out and try to cause trouble. Ive spent 2 years trying to make up for it and I really dont know what else to do.

Maybe she has "forgiven " ( which means diferent things to different people ) but hasn't forgotten. It does sound, though, as uf she has taken this episodes exceedingly seriously. Now let it go and move on. SOme friendships aren't mean to last long-term

2
Posted by: smile | 2008/10/17

I think its time for you to let go,True friends go through think and thin in their relationship,they forgive and move on.
Your friend must understand that you are a human being and you also learn from your mistake.If she decide that she cant trust you anymore then the is no use in having a friendship without trust.

You have apologise,ask to go out with you but still she turns you down,It looks like she hasn t even forgive her self for what she has done that is why she asked you to keep it as a secrete.
maybe the friendship wasn' t meant to be,move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to smile
Posted by: plaaz | 2008/10/17

I m so sorry to hear that , it seems like your friend is still angry with u she will never trust u again is the best if u stay away from her she doest want the friendship with u anymore

Reply to plaaz