Question
Posted by: Skye | 2010/11/21

friends forever

Im turning 25 in a week, and yet i feel so depressed. While all my friends are planning weddings or moving in together, here i am single. No longer invited to parties. These are the friends iv stood by through school n varsity, now they are too busy to have a cup of coffee with me. Is life but a string of empty promises, till death do us part, friends forever,. In a way im also glad to see who my true friends are, rather sooner than later, i guess

I suspect many of the "promises" people make to each other are empty, and that most people expect you to assume that when they make them ! In my experience, having lived and worked in several countries, it seems worse in SA, though - people say things they think will make yopu happy, without any actual intention of making sure it happens.
And not even vague promises, either. You must come to dinner with us next week, would Thursday be OK ? they say. And you never hear from them again.
But nobody has very many true friends. That's part of what bothers me about the fantasy world of Facebook and MySpace - someone claims thousands of "friends" - utter drivel ! Would ANY of those come round on a stormy night if they needed help ? Not likely !

5
Posted by: Skye | 2010/11/22

Thanks for the feedback!..this whole waking up from my fantasy friends forever world..has made me sit up n think about what i love doing, want to learn the guitar,n go for art lessons etc. Instead of just going to braais n clubs,,where u present, but not really present in your own moment n life...damn if philosophy was a career,id be rich:-)

Reply to Skye
Posted by: Latoya | 2010/11/22

Snot, i so agree with you. I have seen who really cares, and i know with the so many friends one has, you only have 1 or 2 real friends, who share your joy, sadness, everything from the bottom of your heart.

Reply to Latoya
Posted by: snot | 2010/11/22

Well thats life, i mean at the end of the day people are only concerned about themselves and their lives, especially in todays world most people take selfishness to an entirely different level to the point where they dont even realize how rapped up in their own lifes they are. I guess i am as bad as everyone else, dont be surprised to find that you dont have many true friends, thats the way it is for most people, but i guess its as old as the sea that adage , you can count your true friends on one hand.

Reply to snot
Posted by: H | 2010/11/22

Somewhere you will again meet up with someone who has the same interest that you have or someone that is available and compatable.

Reply to H