Question
Posted by: dw | 2009/10/19

friends are not friends

Hi. I am just finding that more and more people are so self absorbed that they dont care about anybody else except themselves. My friends are exactly the same. When they are going thru a crises or sad, I am the first person they call. But when I am feeling sad, nobody cares. This whole weekend went by and not 1 phone call. I am counting them all off. From now on, it will just be me, myself and I. At least I wont let myself down.

Sadly, most "friends" are like that - as unreal as those on facebook or twitter. There are such things as genuine friends, but they are rare and to be treasured when you find them.
As Kelly says, invest less in these relationships, without necessarily giving them up entirely. Expect less, so when they come through for you, it can be a pleasant surprise.
And as almost says, they may just have been busy with their own lives - why didn't you call them ?

4
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/10/20

I think that' s just the way most people are. You just have to learn to accept and move on. Do not cut your friendships off but do not invest that much of yourself into them.
That way you do not expect much and won' t be disapointed.

Reply to Kelly

Posted by: Mymy | 2009/10/19

U go GIRL!

Reply to Mymy
Posted by: almost mad | 2009/10/19

Not all people are like that but i must say that most are very self absorbed. So why didnt you call them insted of waiting for them to call you? I had one great friend when i lived in my home town, the rest were all phonies and didnt really care about me. I hope i find someone like that one day again. and i hope you do too.

Reply to almost mad