Question
Posted by: Mary | 2009/11/02

friend who thinks she has an exclusive hotline to god

perhaps a childish question.. but i have a fantastic female friend who happens to be a reborn christian (for 20 years!). yesterday we were saying how grateful we are for the good things in our lives,and she said yes.. " I thank god" .. The I was very pronounced and my intuition felt like she felt she had a hotline to god that perhaps not everyone else did. I calmly said i do too. but later felt very irritated, i do meditate and pray and have no doubt god/the universe hears us and guides us at times
but how do i deal with this friend who talks about " believers"  ..??

thanx
Mary

I know exactly the type you mean. My old father used to call them Godbotherers.
I have always felt convinced that these Holier Than Thou types are actually Holier than none, as surely humility is part of almost every true religious belief ?

4
Posted by: lp | 2009/11/04

On the real i am sick of peeple who choose not to think but rather choose to believe god will od that for them, for example - i have a friend who believes, god gave him his friend wife and he had a vision about it, went on a fornicated and said he had to test her to check if she has a faithful mind.

Reply to lp
Posted by: Gracie | 2009/11/04

I believe that God helps those who help themselves ...

Reply to Gracie

My hubby has these friends (a couple) that are born again as well. I know the type. The wife was unemplyed at some point and I told her of a job and she would have got through me. She had to pray about it with the bible and if God wanted her to take the job, she would know. Her hubby is unemplyed as well and he says God will provide no matter what. I do believe that God gives you abilities to provide for yourself - like the ability to find a job and earn a living.