Question
Posted by: Shadow girl | 2009/05/29

Friend problem

Hi, I' ve been friends with , lets call her B for 8 years. And over the years we' ve only really had one big spat, however, over the past few months I' ve just really started to feel like i' m supposed to be her fan base. For instance you ask her one thing and it goes into a 15/30min B Show. She is so self centred everything has to revolve around her, she has absolutely no interest in anyone else' s life. I really want to address this with her, over the years it has actually gotten worse and there have been people who have spoken to her about it but still no difference she has even lost friends. Besides her always going on about herself she is not a bad friend, i just think that she isn' t aware about what she does and how it can make others feel. Any advice will be appreciated.

Some people are like that, and i is very rarely enjoyable for others. IF you have accepted her egotism etc for some years, she will wonder why you object to it now. If she's an adult, i'd be harder for her to change, and only possible if she truly wanted to do so, when some CBT might help

3
Posted by: Shadow girl | 2009/05/29

Hi CyberShrink
Thanks for the advice, because I have tolerated it for so long that' s why I don' t know how to address it. We met in varsity and back then I didn' t take it seriously, I thought see would ' out grow'  it too, but it seems to be getting worse. I haven' t been in contact with her for almost two months because I just couldn' t deal with it anymore. I do miss the friendship but i don' t want to feel like a ' shadow'  in the friendship.

Reply to Shadow girl
Posted by: Shadow girl | 2009/05/29

She is a very defensive person and is prone to interpret things her own way when you try to discuss something with her. Which is quiet ironic cos she doesn' t mind saying things to other poeple.

Reply to Shadow girl
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/29

why dont you try and make her aware then? about how peoples feelings are hurt etc etc.