Posted by: Jax | 2009-01-10

Friend or potential lover

I am a 28 year old male. I recently returned from the UK. While there I met the most amazing woman (also South African). We get along like a house on fire. She is always happy to see me. Whenever she hugs me, she doesn' t let go for about a minute. Whenever she talk to other men in my presence she always holds on to my arm/forearm. She was the only girl that cried when I came back... She cried over the phone once because she hadn' t seen me in 4 weeks. I catch her looking at me all the time. We once spent a whole day just talking to each other... I was a bit of a fatty when we first met, but has managed to shrink my pants size from a 40 to a 34. I worked on the road a lot and as such did not try and initiate any sort of romantic interaction despite being madly in love with her. She now has a boyfriend and seems relatively happy, but I still have feelings for her. I don' t know what to do about the whole situation. Shut up and just trudge on? She is 12 000 miles away for at least another 3 to 4 months.

if she now has a boyfriend she has clearely moved on

Posted by: J | 2009-01-11

Do you still have contact? Is she also coming back? Oh, yes, yous aid something about another 3/4 months.

If you never told her how you felt and that you hope for something more permanent it makes sense that she is seeing somebody else.
Maybe make her understand how you feel and that you hope to pick up the ropes as soon as she comes back.

At least then she knows how you feel.

Reply to J