Posted by: Flower 1980 | 2009-05-27

Friend or Fo

I am so depressed. My best friend is unemployed, we live in Cape Towm, yesterday her aunt phoned and organise for her to do some training in homecare, this means she has to move to Strand and live there. She asked me for some money cause she don' t have travel money I lied and said I don' t have. I know this is an oppertunity for her to get a permanent job, but I feel like I' m losing my best friend, even though Strand is not on the other side of the word.I depended on her so much. I feel like crying.Why do I feel this way,last she said she knows I don' t want her to move but it is for her own best interest. By lying and telling her I don' t have money am I just looking out for my feelings and not thinking about hers?

I understand that you feel a bit guilty about being selfish --- maybe preventing her from geting training that could let her get a good job ? Strand isn't Hong Kong, and you could still keep in touch. Yes, what you did was thinking only of your own feelings, and i was selfish, and as you are not usually such a selfish person, it bothers you. Call and tell her you have found as litle money and would be glad to help her go to get the training, and plan how to keep in touch while she's there

Posted by: How | 2009-05-27

How come you get to be the one who is depressed? Your friend doesn' t have a job and this is probably her last opportunity to get a job and you .... I am lost for words.

Reply to How