Question
Posted by: Koko | 2009-10-04

Friend, friends :-(

I have 2 friends who share a birthday. Before we were all friends, but now they are not in good terms with each other. One is having a birthday bash and she' s already invited me and my hubby and we accepted. Now I don' t know how to break the news to the other friend. I don' t to be in a situation where she' ll be inviting me and I' ll say oh I' ve been invited already.
Please help how to I break the news to her??

Why not just talk calmly with her, saying how sad you are that they have fallen out recently, as you are fond of each of them. And explain that you and your husband were invited to the other one's party, and accepted the invitation, but you don't want her to be upset about this. And maybe ask if there will be an opportunity on another occasion to get together with her and celebrate her own birthday, which is important to you, too.
Almost mad's suggestion about how to raise the topic is excellent

1
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-05

Just ask her if the other friend invited her to the party. Then she will say yes or no, and ask you if you were invited and thats when you say yes. Its simple.

Reply to almost mad