Question
Posted by: Dianne | 2012/07/17

friend flirts with my husband

I have a good friend who is attracted to my husband. We both have toddlers and i enjoy her company, we see each other about once a month. Her wedding was this weekend, and tho she is happy with her man - still flirts midly with my husband. I know my husband wouldnt cheat on me, and that we have a strong bond, but it still irritates me that she indulges this sort of attention. She kept coming to our table and dragging his best friend onto the dance floor (i think just to get attention). She told me the first time I dated my now husband, she though he was hot and even followed him up the stairs " to check he was legit"  (we used to live in the same block). I want to spend more time with moms and toddlers, so my little one can interact. How does one handle it, even though i know nothing will happen.. I could see her less, or just alone.. but its hard to make friends you connect with..
thanx, Dianne.

Is she just one of those annoying women who enjoys the sport of flirting, but rather in the manner of the dog who chases cars, but has no actual expectation of catching a car, and who wouldn't really know what to do with one, if the car stopped ? Or is she seriously flirting in the sense that if the man accepted her implied invitations, she'd go ahead and be unfaithful to her new husband ?
Fine for you to want to spend more time with moms with toddlers, but surely there are some who are more devoted to their children than to sexually toying with other men ?
And why haven't you sat down calmly with her and frankly told her that you, and probably other people, find it very irritating when she is always flirting and throwing herself at other men, and has she thought about how this affects other people ? And its no use her saying "Oh, it's just a harmless joke !". As one of my sayings goes : "If you're the only one laughing, that wasn't a joke."
And what sincereity was there in her marrying some poor man if this is how frivolously she takes her own marriage or those of others ?
What on earth about his awful woman do you feel that you "connect with " ?

7
Posted by: Lady Luck | 2012/07/18

Dear Dianne,

She is disrespecting you and your friendship. It is unacceptable behavior. She can''t be called a friend.

Reply to Lady Luck
Posted by: Queen | 2012/07/18

Anyone who openly flirts with your man is not a good friend. This means as soon as she gets bored with her new marriage she will want to explore on the " one that got away"  (your hubby). Cut ties with her and don''t be apologetic about it.

Reply to Queen
Posted by: Romany | 2012/07/17

I would just cut this person completely out of my life. there are many other moms with toddlers.
Just do it. Better safe than sorry.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Just Me | 2012/07/17

Why is CS the only one saying a spades a spade in the strongest possible way? Get rid of this woman. She can only be bad news to your sound relationship. Since when is it healthy to have to keep an eye on ones friends when your husband is around? There must be many a woman who admires her best friends luck in having such a fine looking fellow....but do they show it or flirt with the fellow.... Never!! Your choice......

Reply to Just Me
Posted by: Maria | 2012/07/17

Have you ever told her, in the nicest possible way, that the way she interacts with your husband makes you uncomfortable?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Annon | 2012/07/17

My dear anything can happen, I am in a situation were my husband had an affair with a woman who was engaged to someone else and she always talked about how dating a married man was beneath her, so don''t take this lightly.

Reply to Annon