Posted by: Anya | 2009-02-02

Friend flirting with my husband

Hi there - this has been coming on for the past few months now. My husband and I are very happy and been married for just over a year now. His best friend is going out with a girl for about 1,5 years now and seems like they will also marry in the near future. Some background info - she is a very PHYSCIAL person, will kiss and fondle her boyfriend unashamedly infront of others - will have rowdy sex in her flat, while her flatmate is in the flat - everyone talks about it etc. I always got along with her, but lately i' ve noticed that she is becoming cold' ish towards me, and giving more attention to my husband - many times i' ve seen how she' s stroking his arm, ruffling his hair or just making an effort to chat with him (this is for example when a group of us are at a friend' s wedding - and she won' t do this to any other guy!). This past weekend' s wedding was the cherry on top for me - to make a long story short - they used our chalet for the first night and we would take it over the 2nd night - my husband, myself and her were talking and he offered that they put a matress in our chalet as they won' t have place to sleep. She said yes that can work, or perhaps a Xmas bed. Then she took it TOO far, leaned forward to show off most of her BOOBS to him and only looked at him when saying - perhaps we should swop partners too for the night. Now I am SORRY but that is going over the line - i know when something is said as a joke, and when serious. i was so shocked i couldn' t utter a WORD - must say my hubbie was also quiet. now, HOW do i handle this - i didn' t talk to my husband about this - as men think us women are only insecure when saying she' s flirting.....and my husband is really good friends with her boyfirend and i don' t want to mess that up either. Please give advice, anyone! :(

What she's doing is not about being "physical", but being a show-off and inconsiderate of the feelings of other people. As for her flirting with your husband, discuss this with him calmly, then BOTH of you tell her that this is unacceptable and unwelcome. She sounds actually of low self-esteem, trying to re-assure herself that she is desirable by forcing others to confirm it.

Posted by: CC | 2009-02-02

Don' t tell your husband, otherwise you will drive him straight to her, For that Slut tell her to back off, She is a kind of woman that give women a bad name.

Reply to CC
Posted by: NO WAY!! | 2009-02-02

Be straight out with her. She must know where to draw the line.You can do without friends like this...Dont be scared, she clearly does not respect you.
Yes she is insecure, You have everything she ultimately wants.

Reply to NO WAY!!
Posted by: Anya | 2009-02-02

Thanks you two above - but ja, easier said than done - we are a GREAT group of friends and it will be very tricky to cut her out of our lives....but next time she tries to make a move i' m going to tell it to her face!! (PS: worse thing is, people mentioned a few times now that we look alike!!!!!!!) maybe she' s insecure?

Reply to Anya
Posted by: NJ | 2009-02-02

No , a BIG NO. talk to your husband about this girl' s behavior. just ask if he ' s aware,dont be ashmed to ask him. you have a right. protect your relationship before it' s too late. and after discussing it with hubby, i think he should tell the boyfriend and this chick must be history in your lives.

Good Luck

Reply to NJ
Posted by: NO WAY!! | 2009-02-02

Sweetie, you need to tell her to back off and that she must respect you and the fact that you are married. I cant believe the little slut. I would say something.

Keep us posted.

Reply to NO WAY!!