Posted by: worried | 2012-03-16

frequent thrush

I get frequent (monthly) candida attacks, tested negative for diabetes have bee prescribed candisole and other such creams but only get temporay( 3 weeks or so) relief. What can I do.

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-03-20

Posted by: XXX | 2012-03-19

I always used to get thrush from using soap, bath oils or anything with fragrance. After doing some research I decided to use Sanex body wash as it''s soap free. Also I tend to get thrush on my period. I recon it''s cause blood changes the pH in your vagina (vagina should be acidic and as soon that gets affected the good bacteria tend to multiply uncontrollably causing candida).

What worked for me was using Sanex soap free body wash (no fancy bath oils or soap or anything fragranced), when on period i put some vag cream for candida on my tampon (tampons can also cause thrush as they tend to dry out walls of vagina from personal experience) and probi flora tablets also could help as I know someone that suffers from thrush all the time said it helps her alot ...also avoid very synthetic underwear...use fragrance free pantyliners rather as I also noticed i start getting itchy down there after a day of wearing synthetic lacy panties. I even used to get thrush after having sex initially from the lub in the condom and later the semen in my vagina caused thrush. Hope this helps...I know it''s crap...I haven''t bathed in years cuz of it and only shower these days....damn it sux being a woman hehe but try and keep your vag pH in acidic range by avoiding alkaline stuff :)

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Nickola | 2012-03-19

I had the same problem after giving birth to my first child - and after months of creams etc... someone asked me what brand of soap I used. Turns out soap with any colour pigments (so any soap other than white soap) has an increased chance of causing thrush. I changed soap, and haven''t had a recurrance in months! Maybe give that a try, along with Dee''s advice?

Reply to Nickola
Posted by: Dee | 2012-03-16

I had the same problem and I suffer terribly when on antibiotics. I started taking probiotics everyday. Also started using a tea tree oil soap. I eat yoghurt more often as well. I am hoping this will work.

I am also so tired of these frequent bouts. I have also used all these prescription creams and diflucan.

Reply to Dee