Question
Posted by: Wilme Kotze | 2011/02/01

Frequent nosebleeding

My daughter is 10 years old, turning 11 shortly. From a very young age she used to get nosebleeds every now and then. As she got older it seems it is happening more frequently.... specially over the last 2 months, it happens at least once a day, and on two occasions now it happend twice in one day. Last week with one of these nosebleeds it took over 1 and a half hour to get it to stop. This is now really starting to worry me... i can also see almost whole pieces of bloody clots coming out of her nose when its bleeding..... surely this cannot be normal. I have read a bit about it on the internet, but all appears to be harmless from what i have read.....should i get her to a GP rather?

Hallo Wilme
Yes, take her to the doctor - they need to check that she does not have a bleeding disorder. It could also be a friable vein in her nose that can be treated by cauterizing it.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/01

Hallo Wilme