Question
Posted by: Lea | 2010/08/25

Frequent need to urinate during day

Hi Doc,

Can you please give me advice. I do not have a UTI as this problem has been going on for 3 years. I drink lots of water during the day and obviously this will cause me to urinate frequently, but some days I need to travel long distances and that does not allow me to go to the loo often. I find that if I do not drink anything at all until approx 14:00 I can get through the day without having to stop for a pee-break every hour. But this in turn causes dehydration and a headache.

I am getting desperate, because I cannot stop every hour and am finding myself either going on the side of the road (no toilets where I travel) or not drinking any fluids and then having to combat a headache (not sure which I''d rather try and cope with :-))

Please, any advice at this stage would be great, I''m turning 32 this year and my friends all refer to me as having a " Granny bladder" 

Thanks in advance.

Lea

Hallo Lea
You may have an irritable bladder, which wants to empty even if you have a small volume in the bladder - best to see an urologist for some special voiding tests, as there are medications available. But you need a definite diagnosis

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/25

Hallo Lea